Data Exchange Framework
An Information Hub for a Multi-Association Initiative
Groups including America’s Physician Groups, California Academy of Family Physicians, California Quality Collaborative, California Association of Area Agencies on Aging, California Association of Health Facilities, California Association of Health Information Exchanges, and Insure The Uninsured Project have come together to inform their members about the California Data Exchange Framework and Data Sharing Agreement (DSA). Transform Health and BluePath Health, through Connecting for Better Health, are providing facilitation and management support for this initiative.
Data Exchange Framework implementation is a multi-year process that has involved extensive stakeholder engagement. With stakeholders, the California Health and Human Services Agency’s Center for Data Insights and Innovation (CDII) has published a Data Sharing Agreement and associated Policies and Procedures (P&Ps) that explain the “rules of the road” for data sharing in California and will be continuously updated as needs change and standards evolve. There is also a mandate that certain specified entities sign the Data Sharing Agreement by January 31, 2023 and begin sharing data by January 31, 2024.
Read more about the Data Exchange Framework:
- DxF Updated Grants- Resources
- DxF Deep Dive 3- Purposes for Sharing Data Presentation and Video
- DxF Deep Dive 2- Information Blocking Presentation and Video
- DxF Deep Dive 1- Privacy and Security Safeguards Presentation and Video
- DSA Signatory Grants- Round 2
- Fact Sheet- 101 Overview of the Data Exchange Framework Data Sharing Agreement P&P’s
- Fact Sheet – Understanding the Funding Opportunities to Support Data Sharing Agreement Signatories
- Read more about the Data Exchange Framework on the CDII Data Exchange Framework Website
- Read the Final Data Sharing Agreement
- CDII Data Sharing Agreement FAQs
- Roadmap- Signing the Data Sharing Agreement and Implementing the Data Exchange Framework
- To learn more, take our 1 minute Data Exchange Framework Awareness Survey
- To learn more, take our 5 minute Data Exchange Framework Tutorial and Assessment
- Workshop Recording- CA DxF Signatory Grants and How to Apply
What are people saying about the DSA?
Do you have a story to tell about the DSA’s impact on your practice, your community-based organization, or in your community? Tell us about it. Someone from our organization will follow up with you for details.
Past meetings and events:
List of organizations that have signed the Data Sharing Agreement:
We want to hear from you!
- Contact your association’s engagement manager for specific inquiries based on your association affiliation:
- If you are not part of one of these organizations but are interested in learning more, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"*" indicates required fields